Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LeCompte ST-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joeeg33, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Hey All,
    Just wanted to let you all know, I just purchased the Lecompte ST-4 that was for sale here on the TB marketplace. I have been looking at that ad since the day Bud posted it for sale, it is now mine :hyper:
    I will give a full review of the bass after I do a few gigs with it.

Joe

2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Congrats Joe, thats a sweet bass. I played it the last time I was at Bud's shop. It balances very well and sounds great!

3. Cool, I am excited about this bass. Do you rember how the weight was? That is one thing I forgot to ask Bud.

Joe

4. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    I can't recall exactly, but it's fairly light. It's not a digger by any means. I'll check it out this evening and let you know.

5. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Yeah, like Bud said, it's not a digger. When I tried it, it was with a narrow strap (2" i think) and it was very comfortable and not hard on the shoulder. Definitly lighter than my F-Bird :D

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

As most of you know, I really hate my LeCompte! What a piece of crap! ;) :D :p TOTALLY kidding of course. I get people coming up to me all the time asking me what it is and complimenting me on the tone. You will soon find that pics don't do Bud's basses justice. They are works of art!

7. Which St-4 was this? Is this the spalted maple one?

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I'm really stoked that Bud's basses are starting to take off...great guy...I'm not surprised he makes a fine bass!!

p.s. Hi Bud...longtime no-see....hi to Linny :cool:

9. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Hey Jerry! I didn't know you were a TBer. :) How's things? If all goes well we'll be planning a trip to Maui in the early spring next year. My sis still lives there. We definately gotta hook up.

F'six, yeah it's the spalted ST-4. Your bass is getting bolted together this next weekend. Stay tuned...

10. Schweeeeet!! I can't wait!

11. I really bought this bass because of all of the good things I have heard about Bud, and the instruments he builds. I usually always have to play an instrument, or know the builder but, I have a good feeling about this one. I should receive it Thursday, or Friday, I will be shure to let you all know.

Joe

12. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Welcom to the club :) . Mine should be here in about 4-5 weeks :hyper: . The more I read about how satisfied people are with Bud's basses, the more harder the wait gets. I ordered a six string VBX. This guy is an absolute custom builder and goes out of his way to build the instrument of your dreams and seeing it unfold is a plus. The progress pictures Bud has been sending are absolutely stunning!!! You can see some in the Luthiers corner forum.