Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LeCompte survives RITA!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Bud e-mailed and informed me that he and his family are fine and the shop took zero damage. This is great news, glad to know everythings ok with this great luthier

2. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    +1

3. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Good to hear.

4. Tryxx

Tryxx Sputnik Forums: Bass Mod

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    That is great to here, cause as soon as I get a job I plan on giving Bud a call. I'm glad none of those storms got swung my way either...

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Glad to hear that. I've only met Bud once or twice, but he's a great guy, and quite the builder, I might add.

6. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Thanks, folks. We heeded the warnings and went south Friday morning after they figured out it was going to hit east of Houston and they opened up the roads. We had a clear shot down to S. Padre. The hours of traffic and gas horrors we avoided we've almost made up for in fallen branches and 100 weather. Still I'd rather be picking up twigs than the former. At least I can come inside. No real damage to report. Our prayers and support go out to the east Texas and Louisiana folks. We'll be doing what we can.

How's it going Adron? Yeah, we met at two of the Bass Summits. I know ya'll have been going through this mess too. Ain't no fun.