1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LED lights on warwick

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dpwchanel, Apr 28, 2009.

1. dpwchanel

dpwchanel

Apr 28, 2009
    hey so i have had a warwick thumb bolt on 5 string for about four years now and i love it more then anything. i'm always seeing warwick players who have gotten led lights installed on the neck. i am wanting this more then anything, but i cannot find a place in the usa that will install them for me there is a place in great britan called sims leds and it seems like all the big people (sam rivers and other big artists/) all go to this sims place but i live in utah in the usa and i dont feel comfortable at all sending my baby, on a boat for a week or so to great britan, and then have to take another week on a boat to get back. i could pay to get it flown out there but total to fly it and the work and labor would be the same as buying a costom brand new bass through warwick themselfs so if there is anybody who knows of someone in the usa who does custom led fret lights please please let me know thanks for any and all who help me

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    SIMS used to have a US affiliate that could install their LEDs without shipping the bass overseas, but it looks like they don't anymore.

There are guitar techs who can do this kind of installation. I ran across one at http://www.myspace.com/overtureguitars and I'm sure there are others, but I have no idea what their work is like. You might ask down in the Luthier's Corner area of TB, since I'm pretty sure some of them have done LED installations.

Finally, if you want to spend a lot less money and have a non-permanent installation, some people seem to like the removable Fret Optix ( http://fretlord.com/fretoptix.htm ) that attach to the side of the fretboard.

Mike