Leland Sklar's Youtube channel

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Doctor Beans, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Doctor Beans

Doctor Beans

Jul 29, 2020
    Hi all,

I love Leland Sklar's playing, and his tone is always beautiful.

Does anybody know what kind of audio interface and preamp he uses to get his signal into his computer on the Youtube videos that he plays along with?

For those who don't know... Leland Sklar has a Youtube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs5yDeiOgkyRZGZGphlSbIw/featured ) and every day he posts a video and tells a story about a song he played on and helped create. He also plays along with a recording of that song. I've discovered a lot of music through this channel and had a lot of inspiration from it.

Thank you for any help or advice!!

Doctor Beans

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    It's just a Macbook built in microphone picking up his EA amp in the room.
    Simplicity at its finest.

The built in mics on Macbooks, iPhone, iPads are actually very good.

Geri O and Doctor Beans like this.
  3. Doctor Beans

Doctor Beans

Jul 29, 2020
    This makes a lot of sense. Thank you @seamonkey . I thought the "laptop sound" was due to my playback computer :whistle:

Those EA amps seem really great. If I ever have enough money I would consider getting one.

4. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    It’s amazing how smooth his playing is on Carole King’s song Only Love Is Real. He makes it look so easy and he’s all over the range of the fretboard. Just amazing.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021