1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Let's Play A Game...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Timmah, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    Background information:
    I went to GC yesterday and picked up new strings and a cheap audio interface for my Mac. I threw the strings on my bass, plugged the whole thing into my computer, and started fooling around. Since I had it set up, I played a few licks to get a feel for it, and thought it would be cool to post it here for your thoughts.

I'm not looking for playing critiques (it's one take, two minutes, and really sloppy. Sorry), but I thought it would be interesting to hear what people think of the tones. I've always had a love/hate relationship with my tone, so i'd love to hear what you think of it- what kind of bass it sounds like, what you would change etc.

Signal chain is: Bass (strung with new DR Fat Beams) -> audio interface -> GarageBand (no effects)

Link: https://soundcloud.com/tim-leffingwell/testing

2. Splods

Splods

Oct 7, 2012
    Adelaide, SA
    No sound file/ video. Try again.

3. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    Better now?

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like the tones up to 1:25 where you rolled over to the neck pickup - but I've never cared for the P Bass tone in the first place. They're all good usable tones, and I especially like the first few.

5. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    Thanks for the opinion, Munji. I think overall I could use a bump in the lows a tad.