Lifeline for my bass pod

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by rabs, Oct 24, 2005.

1. rabs

rabs

Dec 11, 2002
    UK
    Yep, my bass pod has a lifeline as I was extremely close to selling it. After using the pod for the first few months the 'novelty' factor wore off and I set down to getting some great recorded sounds. Unfortunately I always found that I wasn't happy with the sound I was getting with my streamer stage II and the pod - boomy and I found the pod took away the tonal characteristics of the 'woody' warwick bass growl (I ended up recording via a TL Audio compressor). Today I set up for recording and switched the pod from direct to amp, therefore disengaging the 'air' line system....wow...what an improvement...not boomy and I could hear the warwick growl. I will experiment more tomorrow but hopefully the pod will stay in my studio...I am not sure other pod owners will agree with what I have done but give it a go.

2. BulkHead

BulkHead

Oct 14, 2005
    Manassas VA
    One other trick to try is plug headphones in it even if you don't use them, this changes the sound at the 1/4 inch outputs and the USB. It just ... sounds better.

3. rabs

rabs

Dec 11, 2002
    UK
    hey, nice one bulkhead...will give it a try tomorrow