Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lifeline for my bass pod

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by rabs, Oct 24, 2005.

1. rabs

rabs

Dec 11, 2002
    UK
    Yep, my bass pod has a lifeline as I was extremely close to selling it. After using the pod for the first few months the 'novelty' factor wore off and I set down to getting some great recorded sounds. Unfortunately I always found that I wasn't happy with the sound I was getting with my streamer stage II and the pod - boomy and I found the pod took away the tonal characteristics of the 'woody' warwick bass growl (I ended up recording via a TL Audio compressor). Today I set up for recording and switched the pod from direct to amp, therefore disengaging the 'air' line system....wow...what an improvement...not boomy and I could hear the warwick growl. I will experiment more tomorrow but hopefully the pod will stay in my studio...I am not sure other pod owners will agree with what I have done but give it a go.

2. BulkHead

BulkHead

Oct 14, 2005
    Manassas VA
    One other trick to try is plug headphones in it even if you don't use them, this changes the sound at the 1/4 inch outputs and the USB. It just ... sounds better.

3. rabs

rabs

Dec 11, 2002
    UK
    hey, nice one bulkhead...will give it a try tomorrow