1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Light Tension strings/ 5ths for NS CR5M

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by D.A.R.K., Dec 22, 2011.

1. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    Did a few searches, couldn't find what i'm looking for so here's a new thread.
    I have been having issues with degenerative arthritis, and my work has been taking me from my instruments for long periods of time.
    So, i'm looking for strings for my ns that have low tension to make things easier, and work well for arco and pizz. I've been quite happy with the d'addario helicore hybrid mediums for the last 7 years, and was thinking i'd try a set of lights but i vaguely recall trying these initially and switching back to the mediums.
    If i'm not mistaken, there is only one gage available for the low B. I'm also considering in the back of my mind the possibility tuning in fifths, with added high string.
    Does anyone have any experience/ wisdom to share?

2. DC Bass

DC Bass Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Washington DC
    You have a PM sir!

Joe