Lightweight cab from a triple bass case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fynnius Fogg, May 15, 2020.

1. Fynnius Fogg

Fynnius Fogg

May 15, 2020
    I wanted to share...I have no commercial link with Scot Dixon, I am a customer only and have encouraged them to join TB as a commercial member & bass player.

https://www.scottdixoninc.com/

Context...I have a bad back and always looking for light gear....I ordered a Scott Dixon triple case for 2 basses & Acoustic (6 or 4 string)...have been using for 7 months & cant do without it! They are fantastic quality, easy to handle, light & I don't have to carry 3 bulky bass case's and the case is on stage, so no stands .

John Dixon constructs his kit from 1.2mm aircraft aluminium, all hand made so small batch / custom made.

John delivered and mentioned he made bass cab's, the weight was amazing but not quite what I wanted (I was using Green boy & Quilter 2x10)

I wanted to retain the quality of sound of the existing cabs but light weight & easy to handle (Celestion 1x12 BN12-300S with compression driver) that could easily go from wedge to straight depending on venues & could be stacked if 2 cabs used. I gave aprox' dimensions & John designed & built 2 prototypes, 6 months trial & !!!! (see pic 's) which John, I and a my local gear provider (bass player) tested with various amps basses & tracks. The first production unit arrived last week with all the changes suggested, we have all used and are delighted...Solid (ridged & sealed) deep clear and open sound. This will always be subjective & no its not a trouser flapper. The cab is ~11kg & lid ~1.5kg.

This will be my cab of choice and my back is delighted

Attached Files:

BasturdBlaster likes this.
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    0E935DAC-D1BB-4A85-81B7-1DC5E4DC60BC.jpeg Go easy on scott guys. The TB effect is happening.

HaphAsSard and agedhorse like this.
  3. Looks great. Congrats

4. Fynnius Fogg

Fynnius Fogg

May 15, 2020
    The site is up!!!!

5. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Interesting. Neat look -- the guitar cases look neat, too, though the idea of transporting instruments that way is new to me.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021