1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"like" bombs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stilettoprefer, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    Anyone do this to one of their Facebook friends?

A like bomb is when you go to someone's first post, then while you scroll back up, like everything that has been posted on their wall.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Why?

3. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    It blows up their notifications center and turns their wall upside down depending on how they have it set up.

4. +1

Ah...

No I haven't done that.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    No.

I don't have that much spare time.

6. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    What is this Facebook of which you speak?

7. i think liking bombs on face book would get you on some kind of terrorist watch list. :meh:

8. Yes I have done this to a couple of friends before, though I never knew it was called a 'like bomb'. I call it Like-Mania. I'm the only one of my friends who is annoying and immature enough to do stuff like this :D

How can you set it up that way? I never knew that you could set your wall/timeline up so that any old posts 'liked' or commented upon 'float' back up to the top, as with resurrected threads on forums. I'm aware of the fact that this happens in FB Groups. Posts are arranged so that the most recently commented are at the top. But never knew you could have your wall set up that way.

9. You should go post in the "Older people acting like there more mature. " thread!

It needs more people like you!!!

10. lame

11. Buxtehude

Buxtehude

Jan 5, 2011
    Sydney
    I ragequit this thread.

12. This thread is a big bucket of disappointment. : /

13. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    The only person that I've done it to didn't have this kind of thing happen, so I'm not totally sure. I have seen it happen with groups and pages though. Someone told me that you can do that with your profile, but I didn't ask how because I just wasn't interested enough in digging through my settings to allow this to happen. And I found out this morning that it also floods people news feeds with all of the posts that you liked, so it annoys a bunch of people instead of just one haha (I wasn't wanting to annoy 100+ people by doing this btw, just the one guy)

And yes, I digress and let the average immature teenager in me out once in a while:p I generally keep those intentions pushed down and draw the mature stuff up for the public though.

14. +1. :(