1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Linda Ronstadt "you're so bad" tab?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by boxersbrewing, Apr 1, 2013.

1. boxersbrewing

boxersbrewing

Dec 11, 2009
    Hey any one have a tab of You're so bad by Linda Ronstadt? Or the sheet music? I am trying to learn this one with the guys in the garage and could use all the help I can get. Thanks D.

2. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Never heard of that one... it's not a mash-up of "You're No Good" and "Hurts So Bad", is it?

3. obimark

obimark Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Quite a complex tune (if you mean Your No Good)
    The main riff is A# to D#, with all kinds of "weird" key changes, shifts for pre chorus and build ups.

4. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I kinda like this live version from the Midnight Special (except for Jose Feliciano's stupid intro of Linda)

5. boxersbrewing

boxersbrewing

Dec 11, 2009
    yea sorry guys I meant you're no good. Yea, I looked at that one from the Midnight Special...and yea seems to be a few key changes I am trying to get it straight. The guys want to do that one during practice Friday night. Thanks for the input

6. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Here you go:

Linda-Ronstadt_YoureNoGoodbasstab1_zpsd7e72db0.

Linda-Ronstadt_Youre-No-Goodbasstab2_zpsa25f823e.

Should be pretty close to being on-point.

Enjoy,

-mac

:bassist:

--=Edit=--

I should note, Bb minor seems an odd key to me for a guitar song. I have two theories: 1. The band is tuned a half step down which would make the guitars play in the B minor position -or- 2. the song was written on piano and Linda likes to sing in Bb minor. There is a solitary, lonely old eighth-note low E in the song that would probably sound better if it was an Eb - which tuning down a half step would remedy - not that anyone would notice. Either way my bass is tuned A440 and that's how I transcribed the song. Good luck!

74hc, marshallw, lohz and 1 other person like this.
  7. obimark

obimark Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Nice Tab mac!!

That little guitar breakdown is just so weird that is cool when it goes that F#. Nice!
    I will work on this and the Van Halen.
    I thought the same thing, seemed an odd key for guitar song, but must be the keys or they downtuned half step.

8. marshallw

marshallw

Jun 29, 2007

Great transcription! Thanks, I needed that!

9. IamGroot

IamGroot

Jan 18, 2018
    Andrew Gold on Guitar
    Skunk Baxter on congas
    Andre the Giant on Bass?