Line 6 Pod xt

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by humphreym, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Hi There,
    I have just ordered a line 6 bass pod xt and was wondering if anyone had used it with an upright? and if so what were the results? Thanks a lot.
  2. jbahleda

Feb 22, 2004
    I have one and use it weekly with a pop band. It seems to be ok, but it feeds-back pretty easily with any gain dialed in. This may have as much to do with me being VERY new to the upright and less to do with the gear.
    I believe the bassist with EST uses one of the older basspods and gets some VERY interesting sounds out of it. I can't see it being for everyone though and it is definatly designed with electric in mind not acoustic.
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for reply. I used the pod with upright recently and it sounded good, but then I plugged in my musicman which I also put through the Nathan East parametric EQ and the sound was awesome! Everyone in my band was amazed by it. So I think that both of these effects are made for each other! The upright actually sounds better through the Korg Pandora or Boss EQ.
  4. jbahleda

Feb 22, 2004
    Which boss EQ do you use, the single pedal bass one or the dual size pedal? I was thinking about getting one of them since I also switch with the electric (an epiphone Jack Cassady model) and dont want to have to screw with the eq on my amp.