1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line in?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FrozenAngel, Feb 17, 2008.

1. FrozenAngel

FrozenAngel

May 24, 2007
    I can't seem to find the line in input on my laptop.
    All I have are the headphone inputs and a computer mic input, though I saw that my friend's had 3 inputs, but I can't find a line in to my soundcard. I wanted to record some stuff so can someone help me figure out how to make this work?

2. I tried through the mic input before, but I kept having drop-outs and latency issues. I've had better luck using USB interfaces.

3. FrozenAngel

FrozenAngel

May 24, 2007
    Well it seems to work OK, but it gives me some hiss under the recording that I can't get rid of.

4. I've had an M-audio jamlab. I bought it for guitar originally, but it still works great for bass. I bought it brand new when it first came out and now you can get it for pennies.

5. Try turning the mic input's level down as far as you can in your computer's mixer, then bringing up your amp to the proper level. I used to get pretty good results like that. Even so, a better audio interface will add much less background noise.