1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line6 POD Studio GX or M-Audio Fast Track USB?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by phdwiz, Mar 26, 2009.

1. phdwiz

phdwiz

Mar 11, 2009
    I only need (want) an interface between my bass and the USB port of my Windows Vista laptop for a very limited set of purposes:

1. playing back my sound when I am practicing
    2. recording a very few pieces for my own benefit and enjoyment, maybe including the addition of a basic keyboard and/or drum track.

Two possibilities are the Line6 POD Studio GX and the M-Audio Fast Track USB, both of which cost about the same (~ $99 usd), have effects plug-ins, and include Ableton Live Lite software. In other words, they seem to be very similar ON PAPER.

I've read most of the reviews and threads on the two, but can't decide between them (or some other choice, perhaps). Does anyone have any experience with either/both unit and have any opinions?

2. ChiefLongDong

ChiefLongDong

Nov 18, 2008
    I can't imagine the POD Studio to be beaten by anything remotely close to the price range. POD Farm is simply amazing. You have a single input, zero latency monitoring, noise free recording device. What more do you want for sub $100?

3. Briton

Briton

Apr 4, 2009
    London,England
    Going off personal experiences I would stay well clear of any M-Audio interfaces as they suck big time.
    I recently purchased an M-Audio Fast Track Pro after being told it was the Dogs Bollocks,but I was hugely disappointed.
    My version of Windows is the Media Centre Edition and I only found out when I set it up that it is not compatible with this windows version after looking on their website,though it says nothing on the box in regards to WMCE via their system specifications.
    Also looking on their on line forum it really put me off to see so many faults reported by consumers in regards to this very poor product which included many Vista users.
    Anyways I took the junk back and got a refund,and bought a more reliable and cheaper interface which I use with my Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live so happy days!

4. I've been using the L6 UX2 for a few years now and I think it's the best consumer grade audio interface out there. I've tried m-audio fast track as well as black box. I come back to the Toneport. Great sounds easy to use.

5. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I've got the GX too, my local store were selling them half price! W1n!.

As mentioned, zero latency, and the podfarm software is excellent. Works just as well with other software too. The podfarm software isn't power hungry either, runs fine on a low cost Atom powered netbook.

6. phdwiz

phdwiz

Mar 11, 2009
    Broke down and bought the Lexicon Alpha for $79, which was a pretty decent price. Alpha seems pretty solid so far, but time will tell. No latency, works with Vista, etc. We'll see how it goes!