1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lineoleum Pickguard

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Craigster, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Craigster

Craigster

May 17, 2008
    So Cal
    I was wondering if anyone here had made a pick guard out of a linoleum floor tile? They are self adhesive and you could apply shielding material very easy, wouldn't need to worry about scratches and you would have a huge selection of styles/colors.
    I wanted to give it a try, but wanted to see if anyone has had any success doing it as well.

2. Yeah, but then you'd have to mop your bass once a week.

But seriously, self-adhesive floor tile is kinda thick for a pick guard and may be hard to remove, and I've never seen any that I would want stuck on my bass.

3. Here ya go:
    marblepg_01.

4. Craigster

Craigster

May 17, 2008
    So Cal
    I wouldn't use the adhesive to put it on the bass. I would use the adhesive to attach the shielding material. Thickness wise the couple of tiles I bought (.99 each) are approximately the same thickness as the 3 ply pickguard I have now.
    Wounder if I would need to use Johnson's floor wax on it though?:confused:

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'm gonna bump this simply because I have yet to find a topic that one of you guys hasn't covered. Awsome!