1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Linked AUXES Mackie DL32

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Wadge, Apr 27, 2015.

1. I have been looking at the various rack mounted digital mixers from a few manufacturers, mainly Presonus, Mackie and Behringer.

I'm a long time Presonus user but I was curious about the Mackie DL32 rackmount mixer (I need in excess of 24 inputs and 10 Auxes) as I know the DL1608 gets a lot of love hear but I was looking at models. It looks cool and I see that they finally included the possibility of linking AUX channels for stereo IEM mixes (I am a big fan of stereo IEM mixing as opposed to mono, particularly in a multi instrumentalist band). I was disappointed to find out that any panning changes made to one Stereo linked pair of Auxes is applied to all other stereo linked aux pairs, meaning that all musicians have to have the same panning of all the instruments.

To give an example, if I (as the bass player) would like to pan the two guitar in the band hard left and hard right in the stereo mix, the guitarists would hear themselves panned to one side in their own personal mixes also.

Have you heard of a fix for this?

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    The default is to have all the pans linked to the L&R pan - but you can unlink the aux pans from the L&R pans and Bob's your Uncle :D .

musicman7722 likes this.
  3. Thanks

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    aha!

took me a minute to figure that out (uncheck "use LR pan" on the menu that pops up for pre-post options on the aux outs).

rather counter-intuitive for the default to be forcing the linked aux pairs to follow the main LR that way.

5. Agreed

6. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome to the wonderful wacky world of Mackie LOL.

7. Just the same in the DL1608