Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Listen to my Reverend and SABDDI!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, May 3, 2004.

1. I recorded a couple of short clips of my Reverend Rumblefish J/J for all to hear. They are both slap lines to give folks an idea of what a Reverend sounds like slapped. The first sample is recorded straight, the second is through a Sansamp Bass Driver DI. They are a bit sloppy so don't be too critical.

I'll do some fingerstyle clips soon.

Reverend Rules!!

http://www.geusnet.com/~goodmanje/

2. i don't know that many of us will hear it -- you've already exceeded your bandwidth.

robb.

3. Just give it a bit and try again.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    you can mail it to me if you want and i can host it on good webspace.

5. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Nice tone! But (don't mind me saying this...) there was a bit of anticipation in your playing :p
    One of those anxiety related things that gets to all of us from time to time :D

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    To me the effectless tone aounded way nicer and more "slappy" - the BDDI dampened a lot of the slap
    It was nice, BTW :hyper:

7. I updated the link to a new website. It should have unlimited downloads.

Thanks for the comments on my playing. I new to slapping so I'm not very relaxed when playing that style. Thats why it sounds rushed.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    that sounds good. I am kinda new to slapping too, but that does sound pretty good, and better than what I can do. I guess I just need to get a clicker or an electronic drummer... :D

9. I agree mutantbassist. I'm will record some fingerstyle clips soon and I think you'll find the Sansamp tone much more pleasing.

10. I know the feeling. Great tone (as expected from a fellow Reverend owner)! ;) :bassist:

11. Excellent tone, Count! And they say Reverends aren't slap-friendly basses.. :bassist:

12. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    lik omg dood u sux!!!11111... Just kidding :p.. Nice job man. Those sound great. I have a Sansamp RBI and love it.

13. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Hey count,

I don't need to listen to your Reverend and Sansamp. I get to listen to my Reverend and Sansamp on every gig I play!

:D

Hmm. I think I need a Reverend P/J with a maple fretboard...

14. Slater,

When you order your P/J go ahead and pick me up a 5L.

Mmmmm..........semi-hollow fatness.........

15. And grab me a Brad Houser 5 too. ;)