Listen to my Reverend and SABDDI!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, May 3, 2004.

1. I recorded a couple of short clips of my Reverend Rumblefish J/J for all to hear. They are both slap lines to give folks an idea of what a Reverend sounds like slapped. The first sample is recorded straight, the second is through a Sansamp Bass Driver DI. They are a bit sloppy so don't be too critical.

I'll do some fingerstyle clips soon.

Reverend Rules!!
  2. i don't know that many of us will hear it -- you've already exceeded your bandwidth.

3. Just give it a bit and try again.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    you can mail it to me if you want and i can host it on good webspace.
  5. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Nice tone! But (don't mind me saying this...) there was a bit of anticipation in your playing :p
    One of those anxiety related things that gets to all of us from time to time :D
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    To me the effectless tone aounded way nicer and more "slappy" - the BDDI dampened a lot of the slap
    It was nice, BTW :hyper:
  7. I updated the link to a new website. It should have unlimited downloads.

Thanks for the comments on my playing. I new to slapping so I'm not very relaxed when playing that style. Thats why it sounds rushed.
  8. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    that sounds good. I am kinda new to slapping too, but that does sound pretty good, and better than what I can do. I guess I just need to get a clicker or an electronic drummer... :D
  9. I agree mutantbassist. I'm will record some fingerstyle clips soon and I think you'll find the Sansamp tone much more pleasing.
  10. I know the feeling. Great tone (as expected from a fellow Reverend owner)! ;) :bassist:
  11. Excellent tone, Count! And they say Reverends aren't slap-friendly basses.. :bassist:
  12. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    lik omg dood u sux!!!11111... Just kidding :p.. Nice job man. Those sound great. I have a Sansamp RBI and love it.
  13. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Hey count,

I don't need to listen to your Reverend and Sansamp. I get to listen to my Reverend and Sansamp on every gig I play!

Hmm. I think I need a Reverend P/J with a maple fretboard...
  14. Slater,

When you order your P/J go ahead and pick me up a 5L.

Mmmmm..........semi-hollow fatness.........
  15. And grab me a Brad Houser 5 too. ;)