LIVE SETTING!!! NEED HELP FOR OUR CHURCH!!!

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mcmon002, Mar 30, 2011.

1. In that case I'll repeat my earlier statement "That church doesn't actually want bass".

2. extreme

extreme Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah, it's just frustrating to me as I am very passionate about worship music, bass playing, sound, etc. I could go get paid to play at a bigger church, but this particular church is really close to my house, I respect the pastoral team, and my wife and kids love it there. I know there are tensions in all of life...

3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Our church has gone to IEM's. Some people took to it right away, some fought it. In the end we all agree it's the best way to get a good FOH mix and for everyone to have a good monitor mix. We use the Rolls PM50s box. It's a wired system (no one is running around on a big stage) but those boxes are very versatile and affordable. Some people use standard ear buds, a few of us have bought more expensive ear buds. The drummer and I use Westone UM-2's. They are fantastic and still pretty affordable at $250 and they work with your iPod or whatever.

We are also going to be building a new space starting in April. We have part of the new system - a Presonus Live board. We use our iPhones to set our own IEM mix. I think we can have 8 separate monitor mixes. It's an amazing board that can save mixes, endless options, is it's own router so you don't need a computer, etc. Really nice.

Haven't heard much about the new system speakers yet. Our keyboard guy works for the local sound company and the church has a decent budget for sound and understands that good sound isn't cheap so I think we'll have a good system. I thought I heard we are using 4 subs - a pair for left and right. That should get me and the kick drum felt out in the house. :D

Determine your needs, get advice, don't skimp.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021