Locking Tremelos

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by av_rockstar, Oct 29, 2004.

1. av_rockstar

Oct 4, 2003
    So. Cali.
    Zupp All....
    Im sure a few of you will think Im nuts, I Have a Millennium 4 AC BXP. I'd like to find out if Floyd Rose or any other companies make the locking set-up for this particular Bass....? Not so much for the whammie
    I'd prob. leave the handle off, but for the locking capability and fine tuning of the unit...
    Any help at all appriciated...
    Thanks in advance..

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Only thing that I'm aware of that comes close is a Steinberger Transtrem. Good luck finding one.

How about just getting some really good tuners instead of sticking a whammy that you won't use in there?
  3. Grovers or hipshot. I used to feel the same way before I started playing bass. I always wondered why they never had any lock-tuning. With strings that fat and good tuners you wont have a problem. My guitarists both have floyd-rose on their guitars and they go out of tune all the time. My cirrus never does.
  4. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Sperzel makes locking bass tuners.
  5. av_rockstar

Oct 4, 2003
    So. Cali.
    All good input..... Thanks guys.

Im looking into some locking tuners now.

6. Jeff - if you want finer tuning, consider a tuning machine with a higher turn ratio. A tuning machine with a 14:1 ratio needs 14 turns of the key to get one complete rotation of the peg, one with a higher ratio would allow finer tuning, although string up time might take longer!