1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Logic Help

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ReBass, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ReBass

ReBass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I'm very new to Logic Express and I'm having some trouble with it.

I can get a few tracks recorded just fine, then I go back to lay a new track over the few that I've recorded, but I can't monitor of the sound of the new track while playing over those already recorded. If I record the new track, I can hear it just fine. Just not while playing it. Any help from the Logic Experts here would be greatly appreciated.

2. rochishin

rochishin

Jan 23, 2008
    Try this: go to Options>Audio, if "Punch on the Fly" has a check next to it uncheck it. See if that works. Hope this helps.

3. Doc Labyrinth

Doc Labyrinth

Nov 21, 2007
    New Jersey
    Mr. Wiggles the Worm
    This is the case for logic studio so I'm going to assume it's the case for express as well..go into the audio options and check the box marked independent monitoring for record enabled strips (or something to that affect, you'll see it). that should do the trick. also, if you have separate monitoring software, make sure the track you are recording to is turned up.

4. ReBass

ReBass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Disabling the "Punch on the Fly" did the trick. Thanks!!

(I had tried checking the "independent monitoring" box before, which for some reason didn't work. I should have mentioned that in my initial post.)

5. rochishin

rochishin

Jan 23, 2008
    :hyper: I'm glad I could help!