London UK Gig Opportunity

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by wulf, Oct 20, 2004.

1. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Looking for a gig in London? Lovesjones is having some problems with a gig we had tentatively booked for 11 November at the South London Pacific in Kennington. There are two main factors - availability of some of the band members for that date and mainly that we're playing a week later at The Phoenix in Cavendish Square and we'd rather have a huge crowd for that venue (a new location for us) than average sized crowds at both places.

Therefore, if you've got a band, a bit of a following and are looking for a place to do your stuff, we might be able to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement where we don't leave the bar owner of SLP with a gap in his calendar (probably putting the kibosh on us gigging there in future) and you get some exposure.

There are two major obstacles - lack of time (11 November is coming up fast) and a relatively small stage (Lovesjones is an 8-piece combo at the moment and it was a bit tight up there). However, it was a nice little earner - the arrangement was that we set the door fee and kept it all; at £4 a head, we came up with about £450 by the end of the night, which has kept us from paying for rehearsals and funded our recent demo.

Interested? I need to know asap (today at the latest!) but if you're in a position to seize this opportunity, let me know. I'll be checking my PM on a regular basis - drop me a number and I'll give you a call.

Cheers,

Wulf

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi Wulf...just sent you a pm with a contact name, number, email address for a friend who has a band that is steadily gigging in Surrey area.

Good of you to throw gigs to fellow TB's. Hope I can recip.

bmc

3. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Cheers Brian - it's potentially a really good opportunity and it's a shame to see it going to waste. I've dropped your friend an email.

I'm still open for other offers though - I need to know by the end of the afternoon, which is a pretty tight window! (I'm not in charge of bookings - I much prefer to get things sorted out well in advance of deadlines!).

Wulf

4. Hi Wulf - I just PM'd you - I think my band might be able to do this - check my message and drop me a line

Best

Mike

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Mike,

Check your email (you could check your phone but it just says "check your email" ;) ).

Cheers,

Wulf