Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

London UK Gig Opportunity

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by wulf, Oct 20, 2004.

1. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Looking for a gig in London? Lovesjones is having some problems with a gig we had tentatively booked for 11 November at the South London Pacific in Kennington. There are two main factors - availability of some of the band members for that date and mainly that we're playing a week later at The Phoenix in Cavendish Square and we'd rather have a huge crowd for that venue (a new location for us) than average sized crowds at both places.

Therefore, if you've got a band, a bit of a following and are looking for a place to do your stuff, we might be able to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement where we don't leave the bar owner of SLP with a gap in his calendar (probably putting the kibosh on us gigging there in future) and you get some exposure.

There are two major obstacles - lack of time (11 November is coming up fast) and a relatively small stage (Lovesjones is an 8-piece combo at the moment and it was a bit tight up there). However, it was a nice little earner - the arrangement was that we set the door fee and kept it all; at £4 a head, we came up with about £450 by the end of the night, which has kept us from paying for rehearsals and funded our recent demo.

Interested? I need to know asap (today at the latest!) but if you're in a position to seize this opportunity, let me know. I'll be checking my PM on a regular basis - drop me a number and I'll give you a call.

Cheers,

Wulf

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi Wulf...just sent you a pm with a contact name, number, email address for a friend who has a band that is steadily gigging in Surrey area.

Good of you to throw gigs to fellow TB's. Hope I can recip.

bmc

3. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Cheers Brian - it's potentially a really good opportunity and it's a shame to see it going to waste. I've dropped your friend an email.

I'm still open for other offers though - I need to know by the end of the afternoon, which is a pretty tight window! (I'm not in charge of bookings - I much prefer to get things sorted out well in advance of deadlines!).

Wulf

4. Hi Wulf - I just PM'd you - I think my band might be able to do this - check my message and drop me a line

Best

Mike

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Mike,

Check your email (you could check your phone but it just says "check your email" ;) ).

Cheers,

Wulf