1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Long Throw 8s in a...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ColinGWood, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ...FIRST GENERATION baby blue? Can I drop them in and keep the cabinet impedance at 8 ohms? Let me explain why I ask:

I have the first generation BB, which means Bag End drivers and an 8ohm cabinet impedance.

The Long Throw's are 8 ohms each speaker, so if i dropped both into my BB that would change the cabinet's overall impedance to 4 ohms, correct? I'm not really huge on this idea, because the reason I want to repair my BB is so I can run it with my SWR 4x10 as an extention cabinet. The 4x10 is also 8 ohms and right now it is sounding just right, except for the torn 8"s in the BB.

I want to get my BB back up and running, but I also want to keep it compatible with my 4x10

2. sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just don't see any info relating to the FIRST GEN Baby Blue, only the BBII