1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for advice on a new live rig for my bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RobJeff3, Sep 25, 2010.

1. RobJeff3

RobJeff3

Mar 4, 2008
    Camarillo, CA
    I have an Alembic f1x and a crown xls 2500 amp and a Glockendlang 4x10(spelling). The Preamp and amp was an upgrade from a Mesa Boogie M-pulse 600(for sale (700) but I need more Low end.

I was thinking about a Bagend 2x10 and a single Infra 18, but I am open to any other suggestion and maybe some less expensive solutions.

I play in a Jam Band called the Situation and we play everything from Bluegrass-electronica.

Any Help?

Thanks
    Rob:bassist:

2. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Use the simplest rig that will satisfy your needs as a personal monitor. And have what you need to add on if the PA du jour is not big enough to handle the bass for the crowd.

3. I’d say you’re on the right track - IF you regularly play venues that don’t have a PA with subs. If you mostly play in places where the house system has subs, there’s no reason for you to waste money duplicating low end that the PA is giving you for free.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Pedulla Club #45
    Administrator, Tobias Club
    Big Cabs Club #23
    My Rig: Stage and FOH Friendly

4. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    ^^^^^^+1

I personaly use active RCF boxes , the ART310A.
    Very small , very light and I rely on the sub's FOH to give me the lower end. I use whatever preamp I feel. ( I have couple of choice )
    I recently bought a ART902as active sub to go along with it when there is need for more low end.

5. RobJeff3

RobJeff3

Mar 4, 2008
    Camarillo, CA
    Thanks for the advice but I play a lot of late night shows w/o great PA's with subs. I really want something I can use w/o going to the house PA.

6. Unless the rooms you play are really small, you might want to re-think that Bag End sub. It’s designed for studio and home theater use, not live audio. There’s no free lunch with subs. If you need it to play loud, you need one with a horn-loaded enclosure, and those are typically fairly large.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Pedulla Club #45
    Administrator, Tobias Club
    Big Cabs Club #23
    My Rig: Stage and FOH Friendly

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021