Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacostilllives, Aug 7, 2004.

1. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    Hey im looking for an amp that would suit my needs...i like vintage tone so probably tube pre amp...i also want a good fuzz tone out of the amp too...also i would like to have 300+ watts..price is not a huge deal but i need something that will do all of that. 0-1500 dollar range

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Jaco didn't use no stinking tubes and he had a warm tone...

How about an Acoustic 450? Not 300 watts, but you'd never know it. Warm, lots of tone control and onboard distortion!

PM me if you're curious...I can send pictures and it's a lot, lot less than $1500.

3. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    eden stuff is pretty good. was playing around with it a while back and it really amazed me how many different sounds i got out of it. trace is nice, ampeg, mesa. you should try em all for a bit.

4. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    You absolutely have the bass collection completed! Now for a head to match your taste in basses. Limited owner knowledge, admittedly but know what sounds good to me! Owned or played many but settled for the ORIGINAL, Ampeg!
    What's known as " the classic bass amp?" Ampeg SVT(tube).....
    Knowing that, go play them. They have several in production and with a $1500.00 budget, you can pick any of them. Just fricken enjoy Ampeg shopping and thank me later......