1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for Markbass Piezo Tweeter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by girlonbass, Jun 4, 2014.

1. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009
    Hi there,

I'm looking for a replacement piezo tweeter for a Markbass CMD102P. Can anyone help me source one? (photo below)

thanks,
    Terri

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. javadog

javadog

Mar 13, 2010
    There are internet threads on people complaining about that tweeter hissing and making noise. I was having noise problems with mine and finally just disconnected it.
    I was reading basschat.uk and some of those guys were talking about replacing the piezo with a small horn tweeter they found, the Stage Line HT-30, but I don't think it is available in the US.
    Just something to think about if the new tweeter starts to hiss or make other strange noises.

3. A standard Horn/compression driver needs a x-over. A standard Piezo element does not.

4. Horns get blamed for hiss and other HF noise all the time. They do not cause these sounds. The most common sources of those sounds are noisy amplifiers, and poorly shielded instrument cables and instruments. Many decent amplifiers are hissy when the gain is turned up high, and/or the treble is turned up. Some tweeters do have a peak that causes the frequencies in that range to be reproduced more loudly. If hiss is in the signal, it will be accentuated. If the OP has not indicated that is a problem, then it is likely not a problem. As pointed out by 'Bmorefoozler', a dynamic tweeter will require a crossover. If a crossover is already feeding the LeSon horn, it will not be suitable for a dynamic tweeter.

5. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009