1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking For Opinions On My Band!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by speedfellow_500, Apr 4, 2009.

1. speedfellow_500

speedfellow_500

Mar 23, 2008
    My friends and I have a little garage band that we've been putting a lot of work into, and recently had the opportunity to record some of our original songs. We're all fifteen and freshmen in highschool. All the recording and editing was done entirely by us so naturally it's not pristine, but it turned out pretty nice I think. I was hoping that I could get some feedback about our music/sound from some people with far more experience than us.
    Here is a link to our band Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thesuksesfulfailures

2. kingbee

kingbee

Apr 18, 2006
    You guys have the skills and energy to succeed at the high school level. The more you play together, the better you'll get.

My only suggestions are that you look for some ways to vary your arrangements. A few of your songs sound a little too similar. Try working with different tones and try leaving a little more space in your arrangements. I know it's tough because you want to play to the highest level of your ability, but if you're all playing out as much as possible, then you don't have anywhere to go when you really want to amp things up. Just pull back a bit and see if you can't get the same sense of groove without sounding as busy.