Looking for parts for Korg PitchBlack tuner

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dp1363, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Dp1363

Dp1363

Jan 8, 2011
    South Jersey US
    The nut and washers have come off my Korg PitchBlack tuner and disappeared. Apparently this is a common problem with this tuner. Does anyone know what size Nut and washers it takes? I went to a hardware store but they could not match up the fine threads.

2. Josh Kneisel

Josh Kneisel

Jun 17, 2016
    Arizona
  3. Dp1363

Dp1363

Jan 8, 2011
    South Jersey US
  4. Input / output jacks and switches have a different size thread than you'll normally find at the hardware store, and, they're not all the same. If you have still have a Radio Shack or another electronics supplier nearby, they might be able to match it up.

5. Joe Lewis

Joe Lewis

Aug 23, 2021
    Did you manage to find out what size the nut is? I'm in a similar predicament!

6. Lennys

Lennys

Mar 4, 2016
    Northbrook, IL
    Maybe call korg USA support and someone there can answer this.

7. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

You might go over to the effects pedal forum and ask. Effects [BG]

You’ll probably have better luck there.

In this forum “hardware” means tuners and bridges, not pedals and amps.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  8. Arie X

Arie X

Oct 19, 2015
    it's highly likely that it's a 3/8-32 UNEF panel nut. but, i don't own one of these tuners. these type of nuts are very widely used in musical instrument and pedals. sometimes these nuts can also be found on input jacks from guitars and basses.

if you can measure the outside diameter of the threaded portion that is sticking out of the box with calipers that would help. if you can count the number of threads that are visible within 1/4" of length and multiply that figure by 4, this will give you the threads per inch.

it could also be a metric panel nut -possibly in the 10mm range.

9. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    you'll never find them at a hardware store, but any music store that has a repair guy will probably have drawers full of them (i certainly do)

96tbird and 202dy like this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022