1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for pedals (Volume, Wah-Wah, Octaver)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SuzyCreamcheese, Mar 17, 2008.

1. SuzyCreamcheese

SuzyCreamcheese

Jan 22, 2008
    Brussels
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a new volume, wah wah and octaver pedals.
    I'm not very familiar with bass effects brands and for the moment I borrowed a mix of brands from a friend but now he is asking them back.
    I prefer seperate pedals. While browsing I noticed EBS but it might be a tad over my budget.
    So what would you guys suggest?

2. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Wah - Dunlop 105Q or Morley Dual Bass Wah. Most people who've tried both like one or the other, so I would try both out if you can. I have had both and prefer the 105Q because it's smaller, is more versatile, and feels nicer under your foot IMO!

Volume - Ernie Ball or Visual Sound. Both are good, see whatever tickles your fancy!

(Although the EBS WahOne does volume AND wah, I think having seperate pedals would benefit you more!)

Octave - Boss OC-2 or DigiTech Bass Synth Wah. Both are cheap used, the Boss being the classic pedal that is loved by many, and rightly so! The DigiTech is the best octaver you can get for the money, in that it tracks really well etc, but if you want Mojo, go with the OC-2. I've owned both and it's the OC-2 that is still sitting on my pedalboard!

The DigiTech is cool in that is has some Synth and Filter effects too, but the OC-2 sounds better IMO, so if you're only buying the pedal for the octave feature, buying the BSW might be a waste. They are both pretty cheap mind you, and you can easily sell them on for what you paid, so I would buy both, compare, and then sell the loser :)

Hope this has been of some help to you!

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I just posted an EBS Octave for sale in Europe within the past hour.

4. Samthebassist

Samthebassist

Jun 21, 2007
    Kansas City
    Oh man u gotta get the Digitech BP80. Best multi-effects pedal i have ever used!!! It has every effect available. Plus it comes with factory pre-sets{40} and space to make your own!{40}