1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for some new strings for my Corvette

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by StealingYerMail, Mar 16, 2008.

1. StealingYerMail

StealingYerMail

Nov 6, 2007
    It's currently strung with 40-100 DR Hi-Beams. I like them, but they're a little too low tension for my tastes.

Before the Hi-Beams, I had it strung with Lo-Riders. I didn't care for them.

Before that, I had the out of the box Black Labels. However, the Vette was a floor model and was sitting in Guitar Center for over a year before I bought it, so the strings were relatively dead when I bought it. They didn't sound that bad, but I swapped them out after a week or two. But my GC doesn't carry Black Labels anyway.

So what do you guys think? I'm looking for any strings that aren't as low tension as Hi-Beams, yet are still relatively punchy. Nickel or steel doesn't matter. I'm looking for some extra punch on the E string... my Vette's mids are punchy with pretty much any strings.

I'm thinking DR Sun Beams but I don't know.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. Could always try a heavier gauge of Hi-Beams. Medium is already fairly low tension, so I cannot imagine playing with light gauge.

3. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    +1. If otherwise the strings are working for you, I don't see what the problem is. Go up a gauge.