Looking to try some cabs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Feb 21, 2006.

1. I'm going to try some networking here. (part of what I think TB is about)

Is there anyone within a 100ish mile radius of me(Holland, MI 49424) with a Aguilar GS410, GS412 GS212, Schroeder 410, 21012 or 310212 that I could try out? Oh yah, or a ampeg 410HLF.

I live in a music store void. (at least good ones)
    I don't really like buying without trying. So any help would be appreciated. (I'll buy you some McDonalds or a beverage of choice):D

MODS: If this belongs in MISC, please move it for me and accept my appologies.
  2. I live in Detroit (east side of town)... If you could get by Low Down Sound in Ferndale, they usually have a number of 410's (I think at the moment they have an Ag410... not sure of the model though... it's on their site, an Eden410XLT and an SWRGIII), and you would be more than welcome to try my Epi410UL and or Schroeder 21012 Light (assuming it arrives soon!).

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I'm from Muskegon, and the Firehouse music that I used to work at has an Ampeg 410HLF in stock, I'm pretty sure. I used to teach there - cool store. Is there a RIT that's any good in your area? The one in Grand Haven sucks, but the one in GR is pretty good most of the time. There's always GC in GR, and as Ken said, LDS in Detroit (which isn't that far of a drive), which I've been to once and will be going back to on spring break to pick up my cabinet (I hope).

4. Firehouse in Muskegon? Where is that at?
    Yeah, RIT in GH is bad, RIT in Holland is bad.(owned by the same people) RIT in GR is good, but lack inventory for bass gear.(besides the usual suspects)
    LDS is about a 7 hour round trip, and no offence to LDS fans, but I think they are a bit pricey in camparison to dealers of the same gear. (bass central, ect..)
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Bass Club Chicago is in Alsip, IL which, according to mapquest, is 142 miles from Holland. They sell both Aguilar and Schroeder. I have no idea about inventory.

Dan Lenard of Luthier's Access Group is a Schroeder dealer as well. Again, no idea about inventory.

Once you get over to this side of the lake, there is a Guitar Center on Cicero south (IIRC) of Midway Airport where you're likely to find an SVT410HLF.

Check with Woodwind & Brasswind in South Bend, IN. I doubt that they carry Aguilar and Schroeder, but they might have something of interest.

And here are some of the Ampeg dealers in MI

Good luck!!!
  6. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Firehouse in Muskegon is real easy from where you are. Take 31 north to the Sternberg exit (a few miles past Grand Haven), then turn left onto Sternberg. Right before you get to the first light (one block), you'll see Firehouse on your right. Can't miss it.

I guess I haven't looked at anything LDS except their custom cabs (I'm having one built), and those are very reasonable for what you get.