1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Loop Pedal Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ItchyPBass, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ItchyPBass

ItchyPBass

May 10, 2012
    (Not really sure where to put this one, effects seemed the best place)

I've been looking around for loopers for under £200 (about $250), the only qualifications are that it should be able to record one line, overdub it etc, but then record another line without deleting the old one, and switch between the two.

I know the Boss RC-30 can do this, but its a bit out of my price range (£257). While buying one from America is ostensibly cheaper, I don't want to risk all the hassle associated with shipping, so I'm stuck with UK prices :(

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance guys!:bassist:

2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
  3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 GAS resistance is utterly futile... Supporting Member

I had the Boss RC-3 and it works fine on bass, it has the usual Boss qualities and is simple to use. I now have the Digitech and for some reason, can't get a decent bass sound out of it. Not that it matters, I use it for my acoustic guitar set-up, but still, it's a bit of a let-down.

4. My current looper is my zoom b3 and im gassing bad for a rc30. Even delays like the dd7 have basic looping depending on what you're looking for. IMO save up a few more bucks and just go for the rc30 and be happy!

5. KenHR

KenHR

Jul 28, 2010
    Waterford, NY
    I enjoy my Boss RC-20xl. Got it before the 30 came out, but it's plenty cool for me...might be able to find a used one cheap, too.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 for the RC-20XL. A used one should be under budget, and tick all the boxes.

7. ItchyPBass

ItchyPBass

May 10, 2012
    Hey all, no idea if you're going to take any notice of this given how belated it is, but thanks to everyone for the advice.

I tried the Boss RC30, and I found it unnecessarily complicated. In the end I went with the Digitech Jamman Delay, because it was a lot more intuitive and had a great deal of flexibilty in the way you can use it :)

Here's a video of me using the pedal shortly after I got it, a few screw-ups but nothing major :D :

Many thanks,

Harry

:bassist:

8. sadasar

sadasar

Jan 21, 2012
    Dallas Texas.
    endorsing artist hard luck king guitars and knuckle head strings
    +high numbers. I use this for bass and guitar and love it.