Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looper recommendation

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Jan 31, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    The "looper" I'm talking about is the kind of pedal that records up to, say 1-5 minutes of a bass line, or anything else for that matter, for immediate playback.

I saw a solo jazz guitar player use one this weekend and was very impressed.

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I "believe" that one of the Moogerfoogers possesses this ability. At least, I seem to recall it doing so when jamming with a g*****ist friend of mine.

3. Looper's delight.com, or something like that. Also, do a search on this site, & check out Steve Lawson.

4. plus there are about 100 threads on talkbass.com about it...

long story short, i'd say your best value would be the Boss RC-20, it is a bit old, and the rc-20XL has already come out, but now the rc-20 is going for relatively cheap, and it records up to 5 minutes, and has 10 banks to save them in. thats the one i've got, and i couldn't be happier. the only real difference to me between the 20 and the 20XL is the fact that the XL has an undo function, in case you slip up. but the 20 can be had for pretty cheap now...

5. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    The XL also has 3X the recording time.

6. oh yeah, forgot about that...it gets up to 16 minutes right? well, either way, the RC20 goes up to five minutes, and thats as far as MrPackerGuy wanted, so i kinda wasn't th.inking about that.

7. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    check out the electrix repeater for 4 tracks of looping mayhem or the echoplex for 1 track with less bugs.

8. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"