Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lost G&L Bass Guitar.

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Mac, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Mac

Mac

Apr 14, 2004
    Denver Colorado
    April 13 2004. Lost G&L Bass Guitar.

My name is Mike McMurray, and I am looking for a bass that went missing after my brother’s death. The problem is that it was 19 years ago! I spent some time talking to his girlfriend at the time Robin, but she would not turn it over to my family. She was in San Francisco and I was down in L.A. At that time I was to bummed out to fight, but much has changed and I feel it belongs back with my family. NO QUESTIONS ASKED

Here are the details:

His name was John McMurray and he was a bike messenger in San Francisco in the early eighties. He played in a band called Air Tight Garage. The band members were Sam Shipman vocals, Darrel (don’t know the last name) drums and Jay Crawford guitar and John McMurray on Bass. My brother was hit by a car and died on June 26th 1985. His girl friend at the time was named Robin, (don’t know the last name).

The Bass is a red early 80’s G&L single pick up no pick guard. I have one picture, it is not a good one but I think it is enough to identify. I can e-mail the jpeg to anyone who asks.

Lord knows this is a long shot if there ever was one but this is a no questions asked deal. I’m sure if it still exists the current owner has no idea of its history and I will pay fair market value plus a reward for its recovery.

I am now playing bass again in a working band after a twenty-year layoff and for some reason this has been bugging me more and more. I don’t need this bass from a practical point of view; I have three others of my own. It’s just that there is a very strange feeling surrounding the bass. Since I started playing all the other family members of mine have asked me about it, not knowing that the others have asked. And family friends have asked me about it. All of this just started to happen, it’s like it wants to be found. I know that may sound strange to some but there have been a lot of instruments over the years that have had odd histories. I am reaching out to the Bass Players community. I am posting this on every bass related message board that I can find. I am a very active member in my music community and hope that all that see this will take a moment to forward it to anyone who that think may help and post it on any board that they see fit.

My contact info:

Mike McMurray
    Cell # 303-596-4539
    Home # 303-368-0876
    E-mail: maccbm007@aol.com
    Denver, Colorado