1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Loudest cab I can carry with 1hand?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by medievalrhyme, Dec 15, 2018.

1. medievalrhyme

medievalrhyme

Mar 5, 2011
    I'm having a real tough time deciding what bass cab to go with and hoping you fine folks I've been reading for for years can help me out here on my first post.

I'm looking for a single cab that I can comfortably (?) carry with one hand that is loud enough for a 4piece progressive metal band with a loud drummer. I lift weights so weight is not an issue as much as box size.

I play a 4string Roscoe Century Standard, have Epifani 1000w head (Piccolo 999 Bass Amplifier — Epifani) and here's the hi fi grit tone I'm after, an original bass piece recorded in local studio plugging into board with Line6plugins:

I welcome your feedback so far on my research re how loud and how 1 carry-able these or other cabs might be:

1. Greenboy Fearless F212 or F210
    1. Audiokinessis Hathor 1533
    2. Barefaced Big Twin II
    3. Revsound RS 210
    4. Schroeder PL 212
    5. Anything else you think I may be missing?

Rich

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Rock Salad, Pbassmanca and mikewalker like this.
  2. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Bag end s15d. Most efficient single cab there is.

jaysbass2002, BadExample, bbh and 4 others like this.
  3. bradd

bradd

Jan 27, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    I see you have the Big Twin on your list. It's pretty bulky to carry one handed. The Super Twin on the other hand is about 10lbs lighter and easier to move. I wouldn't want to try a much bigger cab one handed.

4. sstillwell

sstillwell

Nov 20, 2008
    Great cabinet, and tiny for a 15, but may not meet some people's definition of "one hand carry" (including me). You CAN, it's just not any fun.

That said, though, I'm not sure how the OP's list of considerations fall into "one hand carry" camp, so go get two S15-D and scare people. Bag End says they have neo drivers for that cab now (Which I guess would make it S15N-N (neodymium driver instead of ceramic, nebula coating instead of deep red rat fur) which would cut about 6 lbs off the weight.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    I can push a 810 with one hand....

Wut? Lol just saying

Bass Player mag did a 1x12 shootout likewise other press. But for most part I'd say there is another 10 to 20 plus choices if not more. Seems to have boo teek bias to it

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Wow. 2 posts since 2011. Welcome out of the shadows!

Is your goal a small footprint or a one-trip load in?

7. It's quite odd to put a 1 hand carry specification onto a ''gimme sumthin' to kill small animals'' requirement.

All the Uber 12 cabs are an easy 1 hand carry. 1 in each hand with bass and amp on your back.

Pbassmanca and dawind99 like this.
  8. medievalrhyme

medievalrhyme

Mar 5, 2011
    Thanks so much for your responses thus far: goal is a 1trip load, bass with head in 1hand, bass cab in other.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  9. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
  10. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Seems like single loudest might be @DukeLeJeune ’s Thunderchild or Hathor 18 inch model…

BostonJazz72 and Passinwind like this.
  11. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    I’ve owned both the Fearless F212 and the F210. Either would meet your needs, I believe, and in my experience the F210 would be a bit easier to carry with one hand.

I cannot comment on the others, as I have no experiences with them.

12. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    I would second this but for the fact of pushing this cab (which I own) with a 1,000 watt head in a loud band, might be asking too much from 210s. Maybe look at RevSound 212 which is only a few inches taller and a few pounds heavier than the 210....

jeff7bass likes this.
  13. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    About 130dB:
    senear.

mikewalker likes this.
  14. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    This. Perfect list. The Audiokinesis Hathor design is the easiest one hand carry on the market.

DukeLeJeune likes this.
  15. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    Mesa subways, Aguilar SL, Fender Rumble V3s, and GK mbp cabs.

16. medievalrhyme

medievalrhyme

Mar 5, 2011
    lol! what does "boo teek bias" mean anyway?

17. Medicine Man

Medicine Man

Apr 10, 2015
    none
    Hathor 212 blows up a medium sized club with no PA support, two 100watt stacks, and a drummer who thinks Keith Moon hits like a %$#@!. Mine weighs like 46 lbs. It will have that nice "straight to the board" sound with the Eden head. Getting on the wait list is my recommendation. Most can likely get by with the 1203 which weighs in even lighter. My cab gas is just gone.

wave rider and Al Kraft like this.
  18. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Revsound 212.

jeff7bass likes this.
  19. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    A GK MB212-ii combo, its light enough for a one hand carry and is capable of tremendous volume if needed.

20. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I haven't used any of those heads but I just replaced my 810 with a pair of GK CX210s and couldn't be happier. 35lbs each. I can carry one in each hand.