Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

low end single cuts...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nataku, Jun 7, 2005.

1. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    recently ive been gasing for a singlecut, but theyre all waaaayyyy out of my price range. i used to hate the looks of em, and i still do with most of em, but ones like this 4 stringer on the left
    HTML:
    http://www.luthiersaccessgroup.com/bolin2.html
    make me want one soooooo bad. im looking for one at least under $1000, but i would prefer much lower. im also willing to buy used. are there any singlecuts at all in this price range, and if there are, would there be any with a general shape like that bolin, or are they way weird and exaggerated like most other high end ones i see. im also looking for an full fretboard (24 frets). if any1 has any info, it would be appreciated :bassist: .

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Can't say I can think of any true solidbody singlecuts.

There are a few lower end hollowbody singlecuts like Ibanez.

3. Is it just me, or did Dean copy bolin with the EVO body??? That just came to me...

Oh and, ESP makes an LP styled body called the Eclipse, differant models for diferrent prices. I believe Ibanez has only Semi-Hollow Bodied single cuts.

Obviously Epiphone and Gibson have them (lol)

Right now, that's all I can think of...

Good luck to you,
    ~Ryan.

4. I have actually seen used Bolins on the bay, that were in your price range.

I have always loved the Bolin basses. I really want to play one. Does anyone know of a place in DFW that has one?

5. oh man, bolin...beautiful basses.

6. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    soory man, looks too much like a guitar... ;)

7. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    all of those are helpful, but not quite what im looking for. im looking for a solid body (or a hollowbody with f holes, that'd be sweet) with a more elongated body like the bolin. im not looking for a les paul or tele style bass. the closest thing is the dean evo but thats not quite streched out enough, if you know what i mean...

8. I'm not too sure you'll find a low end single cut like the one Steinberger designed... What is it with that man and beautiful bodies???

Still trying to help ya' out...
    ~Ryan

9. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    [​IMG]

Is that too Les Paul for you? Not a Bolin but it looks pretty to me and is well under $1000. ESP LTDs are well made basses and I think they are a great value for the money.

10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure that this New Dean is in your price range...

...just a thought.