Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Low output

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Apr 17, 2005.

1. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey all

My new MIM Jazz only has one major problem.The G String has much less output than the rest of the strings.so much so I avoid using it.It doesn't cut through the mix at all.I think it has sometihng to do with the bridge.Any ideas?!

Cheers

Mike O Connell

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeah depending on the type of bass and bridge and pickups. If my warwick or spector was doing that i would first try to lower the strings a tad then raise the pickups a bit as well. But first i would try to change the strings.

3. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    New strings semm to have done the job!!Cheers guys!

4. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
  5. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    AHHHHHHH help please.I have a gig tonight.I put on new strings on wednesday.Now for some reason any note past the 12th fret on the D string isn't sounding out at all.How do I fix this quick!!!

Cheers

6. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    It looks like it did slip down.How do I fix that?!?!

7. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks Josh I'll try it and keep you informed!!!Thanks soooo much

8. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    It worked.I had to use another tool though.Ah well it will do for now.Thanks Josh!!!

Regards
    Mike O Connell

9. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I always get a nice tool kit ready for shows! Keep it in my bag. And always remember to put a fresh roll of duct tape in there! lol