Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lunch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Contra|Brett|, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Contra|Brett|

Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    What should i have for lunch tomorrow...

2. tsolo

tsolo

Aug 24, 2002
    Ft. Worth
    some nice filleted bass?

3. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    How about some pho?

4. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    NYC
    George Mraz's Happy Meal.

5. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    That is a half baguette with Selles-sur-Cher goat cheese plus coupla leaves of ruccula and a glass of Pouilly Fumé, cuppacoffee, whash your hands, and back to practice.

(if you don't have goat cheese then switch to red wine)

6. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I prefer a really funky Belgian Saison like Fantome Gourmande with chevre to any wine. IMHO, the possibilities of beer with cheese are just now being really explored, and really yield some unbelievable results. You haven't lived until you have a great aged barley wine with a good stilton.

REALLY OFF-TOPIC:
    The wine guy in the NYT has a great article on Saisons today.

Monte

7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Pork Sashimi.

That way you don't have to worry about what to have for dinner. Ever again.

8. Contra|Brett|

Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004

lol...

i might have to try that, just don't expect to see me around these forums if I do.

9. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    It's opening day for the archery season here in NY, maybe I'll be able to serve you up a nice venison steak after a weekend in the woods. I'm hunting on Paul's land this year, he did some pre-season scouting for me:
    [​IMG]

10. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    ContraBrett,

What did you end up eating for lunch on the 13th?

11. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Scouting?!? We don't need no steen-king scouting!!

Come out to Oklahoma and I'll hook you up. They are like freaking mice out at my granddad's ranch in far NW Oklahoma. I've often seen 70+ in the mornings out on new wheat.

Try this if you get a deer this year. Simple and impresses the ladies.

Take a venison backstrap roast. Inject with a good burgandy, and wrap in a good quality bacon, securing with toothpicks. Pour some burgandy over the top and pop in the oven @ 350.

Serve with a good hearty Belgian Strong like Chimay Bleu.

Monte

12. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    C'mon Monte, it's almost dinner time here and i was just about to start cookin' some pasta, thanks to you i will have to go out for dinner with my wife..cant eat pasta after your post :D
    Here, we eat a lot of deer too, both the way you described it or stewed with wine.... with a good "Dôle du Valais"( a very nice red wine from the Swiss french part).
    By the way, i have lots of friend in Belgium, and im a big Belgium beer fan, last time i played in Belgium, some friends took me to a bar where i had to choose between 320 different ones :eek:
    dont remember much about that night...

NUNO

13. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Any of you mainlanders had issues with Chronic Wasting Disease in deer? In my home state of Wisconsin, it's been the hot topic for the last couple of seasons.

Out here in Maui, we've been overrun by the smaller axis deer.
    There are big herds of them that can occasionally be seen roaming the golf courses in Wailea. Considering how vigilant people usually are here regarding alien species, it's surprising that a hunting season hasn't been implemented yet. Most of South Maui considers them a nuisance; I consider them yummy.

The recipe that Monte suggests is great, and braised in wine is good too. The one that I used to love when I was a kid was venison sausage, smoked in the smokehouse along with freshwater whitefish for hours on a lo-o-ow fire. Still the best sausage I've ever had.

14. John Sprague

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Chronic Wasting Disease hasn't made it to NY yet, I hear it's mainly midwest these days. Now I'll try extra-hard to get one this weekend so I can try these recipes. This weekend is at a camp near Buffalo, after that it's Paul's place to find a bruiser and maybe a fat ol' tom turkey while I'm sittin' there. This county is overrun with deer, but with a bow I'll still have to bring some luck to get close enough.

15. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    None here, and all 77 counties have been tested.

John, these are the kind of lunkers that you find in NW Oklahoma. I got
    this guy in '01.

Monte

16. John Sprague

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Now that's what I 'm talkin' about Monte, nice job man. We got skunked in Buffalo, plenty of doe wondering around, and we let a four pointer walk by. No bullwinkles yet. ;)

17. Contra|Brett|

Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004

i just ended up eating a sandwitch. it was boring but i was at school and had only a half hour to buy food and eat it.

18. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    :bawl: Monte ate Bambi's Dad!

19. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    And turned Bambi's mom into sauasage, chili, and Jerky!!
    :bag:

Monte