Luthier in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by jb63, Jun 28, 2004.

1. jb63

Jan 3, 2002
    Cleveland, Ohio
    After playing an outdoor gig yesterday, I put my bass in it's bag, laid it down on it's side and packed the rest of my gear. I then picked up my bass no more than 10 minutes later to find the neck was comletely unglued and just flopping around in the bag. :bawl: This gig was one of those deals where there where other bands performing before and after us. So needless to say there was a mad scramble during the 40 minute break between bands. I have a sneaking suspicion that someone knocked it over or accidentally kicked it or something. What do you guys think happened?

The neck on this bass had been reset just before I bought it 2 years ago. I believe the previous owner had it done at the Violin Shop in Nashville.

Luckily the only wood that is broken is a small piece of the little cap(?) that goes on the end of the heel where it meets the back of the body. So, I need to find a good luthier in the greater Cleveland area. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated. BTW how much should a repair like this cost?
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    If I were there, I'd go to Shank in South/Central PA, but that might be a bit far for you as you're going to have to leave it at least over night.

Give Gary Aprile a call. I bet he'd know who to talk to if not where to go.
  3. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Hi JB,

Here are a few:

Horst Eubel in Parma: (440) 842-5576
    Joe Martin in North Canton: (330) 499-3116
    Rodger Stearns in Hartville: (330) 877-8584

Sorry about the injury, best of luck!

4. jb63

Jan 3, 2002
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thanks for the reccomendations people. I found another luthier in the area named Peter Horn. Ironically he lives in the same town where the injury occured. Go figure. Horst Eubel is within 30 minutes from my place, so all should be well.

Thanks again for the help!