1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

M-audio FastTrackPro issue

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by KingRazor, Nov 5, 2013.

1. So I have a weird issue where if I leave my computer alone for a while I need to reset my audio interface in order to hear any audio.

I thought for sure that it was something to do with power settings and sure enough the "USB selective suspend setting" was set to enabled so I disabled it, but still had the problem.

Then I opened the device manager and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on all of my USB Root Hubs. Problem persists.

What I wind up having to do each time is turn off the interface, turn it back on and then "Scan for hardware changes" in the device manager and then it works fine.

I have the latest driver installed.

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit in case anyone wanted to know.

Any ideas?

2. Still trying to troubleshoot this, it's not related to sleep mode, since it can occur when the computer is left alone for only a minute or two, and other times I can leave the computer alone for more than an hour and it'll work fine, no reset needed.

Also, the scan for hardware changes wasn't necessary, simply power cycling the interface is all that's needed.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the ASIO drivers and me switching between different programs where audio is playing.