1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

M-audio Keyrig 49

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Kügel, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Kügel

Kügel

Nov 2, 2006
    Belgium
    Hey everyone,

I recently ordered a M-Audio Keyrig 49 to start playing and recording a little bit of MIDI on my pc.

My computer runs Vista; and the M-Audio forums say that it's "plug and play".

So I plug it in, turn it on, my computer says that everything's installed and I check Native Instruments Absynth 5. I check the MIDI connections and it recognizes the keyboard; status "on". Yet I have no sound whatsoever.

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

2. Are you using Absynth as a VST in an DAW? or Absynth just standalone?

3. Kipaste

Kipaste

Jun 27, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    If you're the synth as a vst, you'll most likely need to define the keyrig as the midi source from preferences/options list.

4. duderasta

duderasta

Feb 25, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    ^ and define the audio outputs as well

5. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    ^ And enable software monitoring on the channel you're using.

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

verify your 2 midi channels match

7. metanoeos

metanoeos

Mar 18, 2008
    New York
    I had a similar problem. I hit the edit button and right after that press the D1 key. See if that works.

8. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    It could be your audio driver setting
    Does the Absynth onscreen keyboard work?
    Do the sound meters on the Absynth show it's trying to make sound?

The keyrig must have come with some cheap software to check out it's operation?