1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

m-powered pro tools/m-audio?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    is this the full pro tools 8? im looking at getting yet another interface. I saw the m-audio fast track pro. I want midi along with phantom power mic pre's. But i think the fast track only has a headphone out. What if you want to mix with monitors how would you do it with the fast track?

most of the pro tools gear 003, m-box only come with pro tools le. How do you get the full version 8 of pro tools?

2. bThumper38

bThumper38 brian ebert

you need an account with digidesign, than you can download it.

3. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    is the full version free? and can you use the fast track with the full version?

4. bThumper38

bThumper38 brian ebert

nothing is free at digidesign, but i believe you can use fast track with the full version

5. rEaLity|cheCk

rEaLity|cheCk

Nov 6, 2007
  6. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    it looks like the m-powered full version 8 and fast track pro are about the same price as getting an m-box with the le software. or would you have to upgrade the le software if you want more than 8 or 10 tracks?

also, can you use the m-box or fast track with logic and ableton?

7. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Where are you getting your info PT 8 LE will record up to 48 tracks. I would check you can probably get a MBox Mini that includes PT 8 LE for less than a Fast Track Pro and PT M.

Yes you can use a MBox or M-Audio interface with Logic or Live. Though the Fast Track Pro is a bare bones interface and sounds like it.

8. Noosh

Noosh

May 1, 2006
    North Carolina
    Look. Pro Tools LE is a full version, like someone was saying earlier... someone correct me if im wrong, and i very may well be, but i dont think there is a demo version of protools.

and as far as the interface goes, i would much rather have the Mbox over the Fast Track, and it would probably be cheaper to go that route anyways.

9. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    All the Pro Tools versions are near identical they vary by the hardware they will run on. PT M for M-Audio gear, PT LE for MBox and 00 gear, and PT HD for the high end Digi HD gear.

PT HD can do a couple things PT LE can't. PT LE you can get add-ons for high track counts and other features. PT M doesn't support some of the add-on's that PT LE does. So small differences between the three PT's

10. rich18rich

rich18rich

Oct 11, 2008
    saco, ME.
    Either PT M doesn't have A LOT of the add-ons or PT M-Essential is the ghetto version of it. It came with the FastTrack for $50 brand new and seems to be missing quite a bit.

11. rich18rich

rich18rich

Oct 11, 2008
    saco, ME.
    Bjazzman, I use the headphones on my fast track and the monitor outs on the back also.

12. You realize this thread was 3 years old, right?

If you got it for $50 I think that should answer your question right there...a full featured Pro Tools looks more like $700.

So what you probably have is a stripped down, limited-feature version.