mapping midi in garageband

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Mar 13, 2006.

1. hey guys i'm using an m-audio ozone with garageband, which has 8 midi assignable knobs on it. i want to use these knobs to control the volume of each track in garageband, how would i go about doing this? thanks a lot guys

2. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i dont think you can do this natively. the only thing that i have seen that even comes close is a product called GarageRemote. i think it only controls the transport functions though.
  3. yeah thats what i thought, i have garage remote but its very limited. oh well it was worth a shot.
  4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i'm in the same boat...sorta. i have the radium and i would like to use those knobs. i do my serious recording work in Logic where those knobs can be used. but for GB looks like iControl is where it's at for the time being.
  5. sounds like an excuse to upgrade to me :). i used to use cakewalk and the n-track, but started using garageband when i switched over to the mac this year, and frankly i love it, but the more i dig in the more things i find it can't do. like to use my vsts i have to get some other program that's around a hundred bucks. lame.