1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marcello Giuliani - Bassist for Erik Truffaz

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Apr 20, 2010.

1. I love this guy. Great chops, feel, taste, Tone, and nice collection of basses :)

I've getting really diggin on a lot of Erik Truffaz's jams lately, and I really love the way Marcello plays the bass.

Anyone else wanna show some love?

Mr_O'B and AngelCrusher like this.
  2. no one's a truffaz fan?

3. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Been a fan since the Dawn album.
    Excellent music from a heavily Miles Davis influenced trumpeter.

Not really into his arab\berber jazz hybrid stuff.

4. Vladimir Lungu

Vladimir Lungu

Oct 30, 2010
    yes, very sweet bass playing.

5. Thanks for that, those were cool!

6. his timing and sense of restraint is so refreshing. love this guy's playing he deserves more love around here :)

Mr_O'B likes this.
  7. cello

cello

Mar 14, 2011
    hello mark,
    here is marcello.

just for say thanks for the kind thinks that you sed!!

hope you doing well!!!

all the best for you

yours

cello

8. marcello your playing is truly inspiring, i just got the face a face record, and your live playing is amazing!!

i love your tones too. pbass with foam mute, gibson hollowbody, steinberger, upright, and your use of effects.

i hope all is well, thanks for the great tunes and bass work!

9. cello

cello

Mar 14, 2011
    mark,

we start a new tour with the truffaz quartet so am playing quiet a lot (am playing with french singer to and some studio sessions). am still with a pbass, i use a lakland bob glaub these days...cool...big sound..

i have see you play a seventie jazz bass! i love those basses!!!! tight sound...rock and funky. and god bless,not transparent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bien à toi

cello

markjazzbassist likes this.
  10. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    I saw this thread title and realized that the name was familiar. I have a remix that Erik did of an Amon Tobin song and it was amazing. Checked out that first video and i'm floooooooooooored. this is excellent stuff. Sick groove on that first jam. Bassist holding it down. He even gets that "oooo this groove is too sick" face @3:31. love it. thanks for bringing this to my attention. too funky.
    jeremy

11. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    nice! I had the cd's but I couldn't find anything in youtube! also surprising that Marcello is around! I hope they come to Mexico soon!

12. Marcello's playing w Erik Truffaz is the bomb. Tight, punchy and with lots of space. Killer tone too. Love what he does with his Fender Jazz...

13. arimurik

arimurik

Feb 24, 2011
    I love him too. I only wish I could see him live

14. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    bumping an old thread, but I just discovered this guy and the Erik Truffaz Quartet on Youtube. can anybody suggest an album to start from?

here's a great vid of cello using his bob glaub

rtslinger, seang15, Mr_O'B and 2 others like this.
  15. An amazing band and an amazing bass player! :) Thanks Cello!

16. korybaugus

korybaugus

Sep 27, 2009
    San Francisco
    Just discovered these guys las week! I really love their stuff. These bass playing amazing!

I would love some recommendations on discs to buy.

17. cubanbass

cubanbass Gold Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    I only own and have heard Face-A-Face (Live). It's a great record, but I'd be curious about what others recommend.

18. start out with

bending new corners
    or
    the walk of the giant turtle

those are great records. i also recommend

arkhangelsk and in between.

just make sure you get the quartet, his other records are different bands and different music. if you like the marcello stuff you need the quartet. all the records i recommended are so.

19. cubanbass

cubanbass Gold Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Thanks Mark

20. korybaugus

korybaugus

Sep 27, 2009
    San Francisco
    Thanks Mark and cuban! I got walk of the giant turtles. There are some great tunes on that disc.