Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marcus playing a Modulus 6 string, WHAT????

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dabass, Oct 11, 2005.

1. dabass

dabass Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    NYC
    Has anyone seen Marcus on the 1997 Montreux Live DVD with Clapton, Sanborn, Sample, Gadd playing a fretless Modulus 6 string!!!

2. JazzBassvb

JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    Yeah, he has a couple of sixes in his studio. The electronic press kit for Silver Rain shows them.

I read somewhere where he said he does play them, but prefers the 4 because it makes him think a little more about placement of notes and stuff, if I recall.

JB

3. Oh yah, I'm pretty sure whenever you hear his fettles work it is that bass.

Great DVD by the way.

4. I'm not disputing what you are saying, but I have a video of him playing a fretless Fodera 4 string.

5. Okay, I'm sure he has plenty of basses.

When ever I have read in interview on his studio releases, he mentions his Modulus fretless. So that was an assumption of mine.

BTW, Which Video of him? (with the Fodera)

6. On the old David Sanborn show "Night Music." Marcus was in the house band and Miles Davis was a guest. He played it on "Mr. Patorius." But there you go, that was like '89 or '90. :D

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've seen him live with Fodera and Ken Smith fretlesses.

8. I used to watch that show all the time! Still have some of it on VHS. Now I am going to have to dig it up, I think I have that one.

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I remember the liner notes for "Tales" listing a fretless Modulus 6 as part of his equipment.