1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass LMII Stage Volume?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by BigDH, Aug 4, 2012.

1. BigDH

BigDH

May 14, 2008
    I know the LMII DI debate is an old one, but I hit a snag at a gig last night and need some advice.

I've made the switch with the amp to 'Post EQ' for the DI setting - so I'm sending a clean signal to FOH.

But what if I want to tweak my stage volume/settings throughout the course of the gig without affecting the FOH level?

Does the Gain knob control the DI level to FOH (as with my Mesa Buster head)- meaning I can control stage cab levels with the MASTER?

Thanks guys

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Yes. It controls it pre- or -post-EQ.

You can test this by going through the house, turning your Master off and adjusting the Gain. You won't have any sound at your cab, only through the house. I sometimes do this to see how screwed up my FOH sound is with less than optimal soundfolk (not an indictment of all soundpeople of course).
    ;)

The Master only affects your stage volume through your rig.

3. BigDH

BigDH

May 14, 2008
    Fantastic - many thanks for your help Brad.

I'll give it a run at this afternoon's gig.

Derek

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    No problem.

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    The default setting on the LMII is Post EQ. Meaning the D.I. to the FOH is affected by your EQ settings (i.e. not "clean"). I'm assuming you misspoke and actually switched it to "Pre" EQ.

Set your input gain by making the blue clip light blink on your hardest notes, then back it off a little. You should never touch it after this to avoid output changes at the D.I. .
    Use your Master volume for any on stage volume changes and you'll be fine.

Mitch Mitchell likes this.
  6. BigDH

BigDH

May 14, 2008
    You got it right PhatBassTard! - I've made the 'mod' to Pre-EQ so all good. My mistake above.

Thanks again guys