Markbass US Distributor?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dharma, Mar 8, 2006.

1. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Anybody got the skinny, or is the public still in the dark?
  2. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    I sent an email to Markbass and got a reply that they were setting up a deal with Guitar Center, but that I would 'just have to be patient' for more details.

I've never been to a GC, but from what I read here in TB and the prices I see on eBay, I'm wondering if this is good news.
  3. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I had heard that GC was going to be the US distributor, and they would be in end of March, near my birthday. If that's the case, "Happy Birthday To Me, Happy Birthday To Me..."

If it is not the case, then I'll just have to keep saving for one of those Powersoft 1000W 1U amps...
  4. joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I called a couple of GC's in the twin cities area. They never even heard of Markbass. So if they are going to be the distributor, they haven't even told the managers of the stores anything about them at all.
  5. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Oh, we Italians and the subltety.
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I really wouldn't bother with Markbass. It sounds like ass.
  7. GC will be the US distributor, they are just trying to work out the details. Peter Murry has the skinny on all of it, he's floating around here someplace. I'm not a big fan of GC, never really had a good experience with their, uh... "helpful" staff... but I am very interested to hear MarkBass, and GC will be my only choice.
  8. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    I made a post on some mark bass stuff I tried out. The bottom line is it's what I would use to define a solid state sound. Their amps really wouldn't be my thing. Although the size and weight is fantastic if your into that. Their cabinets I think are very nice and i bought one of their 4x10s to go with my M pulse which is sounding very nice.

The volume of their 2x10 combo blew me away as did their ability to handle lows. With the front ported 15 it sounded even sweeter and I'll be getting one in a month or two to sit under the 4x10 all going well.

And Peter Murray is the man in the know he's the US sales rep I think
  9. Where was your post? What amp was it?
  10. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004

Here you go
    its basically a long winded version of what I said above. Judging by the replies not too many seem interested