1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass voltage change?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by youngs, Mar 3, 2008.

  1. youngs


    Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    Hi guys , I need to go out of country with my F1. As you guys already know it's extremely portable , but I have a small problem.

    I've searched everywhere I could , and I sent 69234 mails to Markbass ,but I couldn't find any answer.

    The markbass customer support they don't even reply to me.

    Can someone please help me? I need to change the voltage to 230V. I tried changing the fuse but it didn't work.

    Please help me guys.
  2. Have you tried calling markbass? I never have luck with e-mail from anyone.
  3. remo


    Jan 15, 2005
    On the LMII wires need to be re-soldered somewhere in the power supply.. not really an end user mod unfortunately.
  4. youngs


    Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    thanks guys
    Anymore information? any pics?
  5. youngs


    Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    So you think I should call markbass to Italy?

    I tried once :( but the call waiting was more than 30mins.
  6. I have spoke with MarkBass on this. The transformer has to be rewired and soldered. They recomend this only be done by a factory service center. I had told them that I was capable of doing it myself if I could get the wiring diagram from them for the modification. Unfortunatley they do not give out the info for this mod, so you are basically stuck going to a service center so you don't void the warranty.
  7. youngs


    Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    Do we have any service center in US btw?
    Even the GC has no idea about this issue , where can we find a service center? lol

    Thanks bro.
  8. Rob Mancini

    Rob Mancini Guest

    Feb 26, 2008
    High Tech Electronics in Massachusetts. Google it.
  9. BassyBill

    BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

    Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    This sounds odd to me. I had a very quick response from MB when I contacted them.

    By the way, to the OP - questions about taking your amp out of the country might be answered easier if you fill in your profile so we know where you come from. You didn't actually mention you were in the USA until post #7.

    Just out of interest, why did you try changing the fuse? Did you swap the original fuse for one with a different rating, or what? And what happened when you did this for you to conclude that "it didn't work"? As I said, just curious.
  10. youngs


    Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    I should have said I am in US first :)
    Anyway , changing the fuse to higher rated one is my friends idea , and it was burnd right at the moment(with 230V).

    So did you send the Email to markbass thru their website or info@markbass.it?
  11. youngs


    Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    Got an answer from Markbass customer service.

    I should go to markbass authorized servive center , and pay for $50.

    They'll take care of it. Thanks guys.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.