Marshall VBA400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Son of Bovril, May 17, 2005.

1. why have I not heard anything about this amp on this forum? from its specs, it looks like a monster!? Has anyone played one that can give their opinions?
  2. stinky_UK

Feb 3, 2005
    i had a VBA 400 and it was a monster in every sense of the word! It weighs a ton, has 12 valves and sounds superb. i had a VBC4x12 matching cab and it pushed out loud, punchy ,lovely valve tone. i got rid as i got divorced and needed to down size my rig for storage reasons!
    Rest assured it is one hell of an amp!
  3. How does the marshall stand up next to the big boys like an SVT, Mesa Boogie 400+ or a Fender 300 Pro?
  4. My friend Will has ordered one for his band and My other (I've only got two!) Tom has had one for a while. I want to do a shoot out between the VBA and my V-Type V4. Ive put my V4 (200w RMS)against an SVT CL (300W RMS) and there isn't much at all in it whatsoever. The VBA should stand good against an SVT. I've not really had any experience with the other two... I tried a 400+ and it didn't inspire me at all so switched it off. All Valve is definatly good, if you can stand the weight, the VBA is much nastier than my V4 too...