1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marvin Tailpiece and Pickup

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Eric Hochberg, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Curious as to how you Marvin users are mounting your PU jacks. Pictures anyone?

2. Sorry for my ignorance but what is a Marvin Tailpiece?
    Pics?

Regards,
    François

3. merefox

merefox

Sep 3, 2007
  4. Ben Rolston

Ben Rolston Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    I just have mine attached to the thing with cable ties (those locking plastic strips), but yesterday I was talking to Bob Hurst and he said that he punched two holes is his bow quiver, and then attached the pickup to that. If you're going to have a quiver anyway, that seems like a good option.

5. Yeah I zip tied my full circle to one side of it, getting it not to buzz was a little more difficult. and also it creates weird cord angles.

6. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    I stuck my Full Circle jack to the bow quiver with velcro.

7. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    To answer my own question, I got the Marvin TP and mount the screw of my Stat-B jack holder through a hole in the felt damper that comes with the TP. Works fine.

8. mheintz

mheintz

Nov 18, 2004
    So what's your verdict on the TP?

9. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Most notable change is increased brightness tonally and a new wolf tone on the open A string. That seems to have moved from the Ab WT the bass had previously. I tamed the new wt with a towel between the TP and the top of the bass. I'll probably switch back to my standard TP as I think I prefer the darker sound.