1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Massive fireball reported across Midwestern sky

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  2. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    Meteors are suspiciously sketchy? :eyebrow:

3. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    HADOUKEN!

4. The Martians are Landing!

5. Goodness gracious...

6. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Endorsing Artist:
    Well didn't you guys know that everything that has ever entered our atmosphere is just another government secret? The truth is that there are little green men all over, but the gov't hides them!

Also. Don't believe everything you read on the net. I'm full of it

7. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I figured it must be the Fifth Element returning to save the earth from the great Evil.

8. so that's where my grill went--my girlfriend told me lighting it with aviation fuel was a bad idea...

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
  10. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    :D

11. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    It was merely the first of many which will rain upon the earth. There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

12. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC
    THE NEW PHONE BOOKS HERE!

13. nic salsus

nic salsus

Mar 16, 2010
    Where's the pics of the impact site? I couldn't find any. That thing was very large and very low. If it hit the ground there was still a lot of it unburned and would have it left a mark of some sort. Links to pics of the impact anyone?

14. I'm telling you, the aliens have already infiltrated the government and are planning to take us over. they just want you to think this was a meteor and not an alien landing craft...

15. nic salsus

nic salsus

Mar 16, 2010
    Or it was a meteor and they (whoever "they" are) want you to think it was an alien craft.....

16. It may not have hit the ground, it may have gotten so hot that it exploded before impact. That's probably what the big flash was.

17. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    WHAT!!! no mention of "2012"?!!!

18. Impact site?

Most meteors (something like 98%) never make it to ground.

Of those that do, only a small percentage hit hard enough to leave an impact crater.

19. BassEyeDoc

BassEyeDoc

Dec 25, 2009
    I heard that boom, but wasn't outdoors so I didn't see the light. Sounded like a door slamming....

JW

20. nic salsus

nic salsus

Mar 16, 2010
    Sure, I've seen several meteor showers. I've also worked with a lot of small aircraft and can judge size and relative distance to the ground. That thing was big and low and unlike any meteor I've ever seen. Not saying it wasn't a meteor just that if it was still that big that close something of it hit the ground.