Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mateship?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 14, 2004.

1. do you think that with your band, or any band for that matter, that you need to be mates or get along with them outside of the band?

personally i think you do, so im glad i get along with my band mates just fine, funny thing, i get along with people my parents age better than i do people my own age :meh:

2. My thoughts:

If you're getting paid, and it's a 'job', not necessarily a dream...then it doesn't matter if you like the people all that much. I don't like everybody I work with, but I can still work with them. It helps when you're friends, though.

If you're creating music, living the dream, and not making all that much money, I think it's very important to be friends. If you're not getting paid, and your bandmates are jerks that you hate, you'll be constantly asking yourself, "Why do I bother?".

3. we actually really wanna get the whole origionals thing going, really funk based and basically just tour wherever we can...well they suggested it im just like yeah, i wanna do it, its a bit overwhelming though...